We care about your privacy!
Targus Asia Pacific Limited (“Targus”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to treating your information in accordance with law and your directions to us. “Your information” means any information about you that you or third parties provide to us. The following commitment applies:
- We will comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will not ask for more information than we reasonably need.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will implement reasonable and appropriate information retention policies.
- We will employ reasonable security measures to protect your information.
Personal Information We Collect:
We may collect and otherwise process the following information, including personal information, about you:
- Information we collect about you: For each visitor browsing our website, our web server automatically recognises and stores the visitor's IP address (the Internet address of the visitor's computer) to determine which areas of our site is being visited and how long each visitor spends there. We may also collect your website traffic data, location data, and other communication data from your visit to our website. This information helps us to understand visitors’ traffic patterns through our website so that we can enhance the overall usability of our website. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you've activated blocking technology available in some browsers.
- Information you give us: While we do not generally require that you provide us with individually identifiable information in order to visit and use our website, at times we (or the third party vendors with whom we contract) may ask you to provide us with personal information such as your E-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, demographic information, or persistent identifier (such as user name and password) which is associated with individually identifiable information, to enable you to make a purchase, register a product, correspond with us, enter a sweepstakes, participate in an online survey, subscribe to a mailing list or newsletter, or register for special purchase discounts. You have the right not to provide any of the requested personal information, but you may not be able to participate in some activities on this website, including ordering products, without your personal information.
What We Do with Personal Information and Why:
We may use and analyse the personal information we collect, in accordance with the GDPR and other applicable laws, so that we can administer, support, develop and improve our business and tailor your experience on our website. The following describes the purposes for which we use your personal information:
- To provide you via telephone, SMS, email or mail with information, products or services, including product upgrades, special offers, and other new products or services from Targus, that we feel may be of interest to you or that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- For the purpose you have provided personal information to us, such as responding to your customer service requests.
- To improve and tailor your website and app experience, analyse your product preferences, and provide you with targeted product advertising, with your consent.
- To complete our obligations arising from any contracts agreed to between you and Targus, including the processing and shipping of product or service orders and payment for such orders.
- To permit your participation in interactive features such as contests and sweepstakes, when you choose to participate.
- For internal business purposes, such as new product development, data analytics, accounting, website improvement, marketing trend analysis, and promotion and advertising effectiveness.
- For fraud detection and other legal reasons, including responding to law enforcement requests, protecting Targus’ rights, safety or property, enforcing a contractual agreement, responding to legal proceedings, or as otherwise required by law.
The information you provide, including information you voluntarily provide and the cookies you accept by using this website without disabling cookies in your browser, will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with Targus. Only Targus or agents working on behalf of Targus (to accomplish these purposes or as described below) will have access to your information.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from Targus, simply tell us when you give us your personal information by not checking applicable boxes that provide consent to use your information. At any time should you choose to, you could opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the opt-out section below. Targus will not share your personal information to any outside organisation for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent.
Your information may be shared with agents or contractors of Targus for the purpose of performing services for Targus. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third party agents with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction and is kept only as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose, e.g. filling product orders during your business relationship with Targus. Failure to provide personal information required to effectuate a contract between you and Targus will result in cancellation of that contract. For example, failure to provide personal information required to order a product or service will result in the cancellation of that order.
Like many websites today, we may employ a standard technology called “cookies” to collect information about how you use our site in order to provide you with a better experience by measuring which areas of our website of greatest interest or to remember you when you return to visit us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like
- identify users
- remember users’ custom preferences
- help users complete tasks without having to re enter information when browsing from one page to another or when visiting the site later
Cookies can also be used for online target advertising and to show advertisements relevant to something the user searched for in the past.
How are they used?
The web server supplying the webpage can store a cookie on the user’s computer or mobile device. An external web server that manages files included or referenced in the webpage is also able to store cookies. Each time the user requests a new page, the web server can receive the value of the cookies it previously set and return the page with content relating to these values.
What are the different types of cookies?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, cookies are either:
- a session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser; this type of cookie is used, for instance, as a test to see whether or not browser settings allow cookies to be set on your machine; or
- a persistent cookie, which remains on the user's computer/device for a defined period of time. These types of cookies enable the platform to remember a visitor and to serve users with appropriate content while speeding up the load rate of the web page.
As for the domain to which it belongs, cookies are either:
- first-party cookies, which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain; or
Subject to your right to reject cookies and delete them as described below, your use of our website indicates that you accept this policy.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to restrict or block the cookies, you can do so in your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should generally tell you how.
The website www.aboutcookies.org also contains general information on cookies on a wide variety of browsers. That website describes how to delete cookies from your computer.
Cookies in emails
Making choices about cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies from our emails, simply close the email before downloading any images or clicking on any links. You can also set your browser to restrict or reject cookies. These settings will apply to all cookies on websites and emails.
In some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may be automatically accepted (for example, if you have added an email address to your address book or safe senders list). Please check your email browser or device instructions for more information on this.
Sharing your information:
We share your information with third parties to help us use your information, as described above. For example, we use a third party to run our online store. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through this website, you will be redirected to the third party store. That site will collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to that information as “Order Information.” The third party with which we contract is entirely responsible for your Order Information. For customer service purposes, some limited order details such as items purchased, purchase date, or other such details are shared with Targus. However, we do not gain access to your credit card number.
That third party uses your Order Information generally to fulfill orders initiated from this website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, the third party will use your Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud
- If you opt-in during the checkout process, the third party will share your email information with us so we may provide you with information or advertising relating to our products
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use this website – you can read more about how Google uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your information be corrected, updated, or deleted. You have the right to a copy of the personal information we hold. You may also object to the processing of your personal information or request that its processing be restricted. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information on this website.
These rights may be subject to restrictions and will not apply in all circumstances (as described above). For example, personal information cannot be deleted if it is required by contract to fulfil a product order.
When you initiate an order from this website, our third-party vendors will maintain your Order Information only as long as is necessary to fulfil your order, to maintain your business relationship with Targus, or as required by law. You can you ask them or us to delete it.
Other sites which are linked to/from our website (including the websites of Targus affiliates) may have different policies. Since we do not control these websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those sites for details.
We protect the personal information you share with us. At Targus, access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job. In addition, it is our policy to maintain the integrity of any personal information within our possession.
How to Opt-Out of Our Use of Your Personal Information:
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time. They may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.