Encouraging Your Ultimate PotentialAs technology forges ahead, human beings struggle to keep up. Mobile devices that weren’t even a consideration thirty years ago have now become an essential part of everyday life. Keeping your devices safe is a constant area of concern, especially when you’re an on-the-go professional. At Targus, we have the solutions you need to carry, connect and protect all your personal tech. We encourage you to reach your ultimate potential. With products that seamlessly integrate your tech into your life, you can chase after your dreams, and make them a reality.
In 1983, Neil Bruce-Copp formed Targus in Barnes, London. After a successful start, we began partnerships with computer OEM’s. By 1985, we expanded our customers to Canon and Apple, and just one year later we released our first laptop case. Over the years we opened offices in the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Africa, Taipei, Germany, France, Holland and Hong Kong. Along the way, we earned a reputation for utilising high-quality materials from trusted suppliers. In 1998, we introduced our innovative DEFCON security line and SafePort Sling protection system, followed closely by the release of our SafePort Air Protection System in 2004. Since then, our innovation has only expanded. We’ve released environmentally friendly bags, tablet accessories with 360º rotating designs and universal docking stations. Today, we’re one of the leading designers of innovative tech solutions that simplify your everyday life.
Inspire Your Everyday
For over thirty five years, Targus has created sophisticated solutions for all your tech needs. We’ve expanded our knowledge and used our personal insights to ensure optimal performance, style and protection for all Targus products. Whatever your mission, Targus supplies products that simplify the everyday so you can focus attention on more important things. We’re fueled by a passion for our customers and a desire to provide innovative products that inspire your everyday.
- The year it all began. Targus is formed in Barnes, London by Neil Bruce-Copp.
- Our very first invoice is raised for £2098.25!
- Targus begins partnership with computer OEM’s, including IBM.
- Targus grows and takes on new customers like Canon and Apple.
- Targus launches its first laptop case with 250-unit Toshiba order for T3100L laptop cases.
- Targus moves to London House in Richmond.
- Targus US and Canada offices open.
- Targus Australia opens.
- Targus opens office in South Africa.
- Targus US opens doors to retail Business-To-Consumer.
- Targus wins The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement.
- Targus begins outsourcing to China – then a relatively untapped source of high quality suppliers.
- Targus opens office in Taipei, Germany, France and Holland.
- Targus Hong Kong office opens.
- Targus becomes known as Targus Group International, Inc.
- Targus acquires PORT, expanding product line, and introduces innovative SafePort Sling protection system and DEFCON security line.
- Targus LATAM office opens.
- Targus re-brands itself to reflect new innovative and stylish designs.
- Anaheim Headquarters opens.
- CN01 is named the best-selling laptop case in the world.
- Targus celebrates 20 years.
- Targus becomes a Microsoft ‘Designed for Surface’ partner.
- Targus launches its first Docking Station!
- Targus sells its first Bluetooth mouse.
- SafePort Air Protection System developed.
- Targus makes its first foray into the mobile device market with range of accessories designed specifically for iPod.
- The CityGear range is launched.
- Targus introduces a new brand and new logo.
- All new Dome Protection System launched.
- The Global Sourcing Group is introduced in China.
- Targus launches privacy screens.
- Targus celebrates 25 years of mobile solutions.
- Targus launches EcoSmart®- an environmentally friendly line of bags made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Targus earns accolades as #1 Best-Selling Laptop Accessories and Cases from the NPD Group.
- Contemporary new branding released with a new company tag-line: Designed for Life. Yours.
- Targus earns honour of #1 Best-Selling Notebook Power Adapter and #1 Maker of Presentation Devices from NPD Group.
- Targus enters the Tablet and E-Reader market after the unprecedented success of the iPad.
- Targus introduces VersaVu™ case with 360º rotating design.
- Targus becomes a Samsung Mobile Accessories Partner.
- Targus secures patent for its checkpoint-friendly design on cases.
- Targus acquires leather smartphone and tablet case company, SENA Cases.
- Targus becomes a Google partner.
- Targus gains dominance in the tablet case market with patented Multi-Gen tray solution.
- Targus launches the VersaLink™ Universal Travel Dock.
- Targus announces it works with 90% of Fortune 1000 companies and is the case manufacturer for eight of the world’s top ten laptop computer OEM’s.
- Targus announces itself as the #1 stylus brand in the US.
- Targus wins CES Innovation Award for the Mobile VIP Backpack.
- Targus and DisplayLink® announce world’s first Dual 4K Docking Station.
- Targus wins Green Good Design Award for the 15.6” Balance™ EcoSmart® Backpack.
- Launches Targus California premium brand with the Newport Collection.
- Targus has #1 Selling Tablet Case in the US.